Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Size 12 is Not Fat" by Meg Cabot

I read the latest installment in the Heather Wells series first.  I like it so much I had to go back to the beginning and see how it all started.
Image from Google

Summary:  Meet Heather Wells, former teen sensation turned assistant director of a residence hall.  Only three months on the job, Heather is faced with catastrophe when one of her freshman residents is found dead at the bottom of an elevator shaft.  The death is ruled as accidental due to elevator surfing but Heather thinks otherwise.  When a second freshman woman turns up dead, Heather knows she needs to find out what is really happening before a third resident dies on her watch.

What I Liked:  The dialog in this story is hilarious.  Meg Cabot has a flair for the ridiculous and she wields her skill in a glorious manner.  I literally laughed out loud while reading, which is both awesome (yeah, good dialog) and bad (nooo, don't laugh at a book weirdo.)

The characters are well developed, in that they are unique and different from other books I've read.  Cabot deals with former child stars in exactly the right way.  And Heather's landlord:  DREAMY.

I also appreciated some of the more random moments, such as the lip synch contest and any and all run ins with Heather's ex.

What Drove Me Nuts:  There weren't a lot of plot turns and the main character is really ditsy.  I occasionally found myself rolling my eyes (but then again, that might be the point and why the books are so fun to read.)

Rating:  This would be an excellent beach read (easy to pick up and put down, or to read while drinking a margarita).  Not too serious and just fun.

Also Read by This Author:  "The Bride Wore Size 12"

Reviewed By:  Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment